Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Director of Marketing
Evaluates, plans and directs strategic marketing and communication initiatives for the California Farm Bureau Federation (CFBF) while providing managerial, editorial and general oversight to partners, stakeholders, and internal team members. The Director of Marketing’s primary responsibility is to serve as an “architect” and thought-leader for CFBF; building and executing strategic marketing plans rooted in research, product/editorial marketing, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations tactics.
- Maximize the position of CFBF as the leading voice of agriculture through planning and execution of a strategic marketing and communication plan to increase awareness of programs, events and initiatives.
- Develop and implement a multi-year road map for continued progression of CFBF’s marketing and business development efforts.
- Strategically guide external communication, including content creation, editing, design, production and distribution for CFBF. These activities include but are not limited to collateral, media communication and printed publications such as Ag Alert and California Bountiful video programming such as California Bountiful and digital content for use in CFBF websites, emails, and advertisements.
- Ensure CFBF’s message is distributed across relevant channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives and seek out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile platforms, video, and social media.
- Engage with the media as a spokesperson for the organization for specific occasions and events.
- Implement marketing best practices to fully leverage and maximize investments and partnerships.
- Oversee development, creation, implementation and content management of CFBF’s website.
- Evaluate CFBF’s external communications to identify opportunities to streamline and enhance content.
- Champion and implement key marketing technology or process initiatives required for marketing functions.
- Oversee implementation and execution of new Data Asset Management System (DAM), as well as supervision of DAM Manager.
- Work with Director of Sales to build effective partnerships to establish and meet measurable revenue goals from marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with CFBF staff inter-departmentally on internal communication as necessary.
- Work closely with the Administrator, the Director of Member Advocacy and other staff and leaders as deemed appropriate on stewardship of members to deepen engagement with California Farm Bureau Federation programs on multiple levels.
- Develop metrics for measuring effectiveness of programs and initiatives, and prepare reports on value of member and partner engagement.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with key stakeholders, internal staff, members and partners.
- Oversee weekly news briefs highlighting programs, events, and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and/or advertising.
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Experience managing multiple social media channels for an organization and/or marketing campaign.
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office, data analytics software and using CRM systems.
- Strong experience in both project management and leading cross-departmental teams.
- Familiarity with farming or agriculture industry preferred.
- Progressive and forward-thinking leader with proven record driving change within an organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to effectively present concepts, ideas and strategies to large groups.
- Proven expertise in managing people, projects and programs.
- Entrepreneurial-spirited and results-oriented self-starter.
- Analytical problem-solver.